– THE BIG IDEA: My idea is for a short narrative film that encapsulates the experiences of someone with Alzheimers/Dementia. The film would attempt to represent the emotions that patients and their loved ones experience. This short film would be under 10 minutes long, but would aim to give an understandable perspective to such a complicated experience.
– HOW IS IT PERSONALLY FULFILLING? I have been creating movies since I was six years old. Making movies has always been a passion of mine. My grandfather had Alzheimers and passed away this last summer. Creating a film with such personal connection would make me come alive. Applying a personal story to something I am experienced in will be a great opportunity for personal fulfillment.
– HOW DOES IT MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON THE COMMUNITY? Filmmaking is naturally a collaborative process, and creating a local film in Traverse City would bring a cast/crew together. Sharing the final product locally is another major goal. There will be other opportunities for community involvement as the project continues.
– WHAT WILL BE “PHASE ONE” OF YOUR BUSINESS PLAN, GETTING IT OFF THE GROUND? Phase one of this project entails research for the film. This research aims to give an accurate portrayal of emotions and actions that will happen in the film’s story. The research will include detailed emotional accounts of the experience, as well as a scientific perspective.
– WHAT IS YOUR VISION FOR “PHASE 2” AS YOU MOVE IT AHEAD? Phase two is the actual production of the film. With a solid script completed, using research as the foundation, the film will be ready to be shot locally in Traverse City. Post-production will be the final step to complete the film before its release locally, and nationally.
– HOW WILL YOU USE THE $500? The money would be used for the production of the film, and for the film festival run. The money will give a boost to the quality of the movie, and to help more people around the nation see it.
– WHEN DO YOU THINK THIS THING WILL LAUNCH? The project is happening now! The final product should be completed by April or May of 2018.
– HOW CAN WE (THE AUDIENCE) GET INVOLVED OR SUPPORT? The best way to support at this time would be to like and share our film pages to get exposure for the project. As production comes closer in early 2018, more community support will be needed. If you or a loved one has a personal experience with Alzheimers or Dementia, your thoughts and ideas are appreciated!